Marathon post. Lots of Swatches. :)

In the past few days I have been going crazy swatching some of my new colors.
First up: China Glaze Magnetix Pull me Close

This was just a quick picture with my phone, so I apologize for the quality and for my gross cuticles. I had a birthday party to attend so I wanted a quick manicure that looked fun and different. I took off my last polish and had this finished and topped off with a coat of SV within an hour. Here's what I did: Base coat: Sally Hansen Complete Care 4 in 1 Treatment (my current go-to base since my nails are a fragile mess) One coat of the magnetix to all fingernails Once it was dry to the touch I added a second coat to one finger at a time and applied the magnet. (Following Scrangie's advice)
I would like to note that my China Glaze magnet hasn't come in the mail yet, so I used the magnet by Icing's Magnetix, and it worked like a charm.
It's hard to tell from the picture but every streak in these magnetic polishes has the gleam of a catseye stone. It is truly stunning.
Next up we have China Glaze Paper Chasing. I'd like to preface this by saying that bright lime green is my favorite color and I have never found a bright green nail polish that I like.


I LOVE paper chasing. The color, perfect. The finish, perfect. I love everything about this color. I loved it so much that I wore it for a couple of days, then put a layer of glitter (Spoiled - Show Me The Money) and wore it for another day. The only problem I had was that it stained my nails horribly, even with a thick basecoat.
China Glaze Paper Chasing with Spoiled Show Me The Money over the top.
This WILL be my St. Patrick's day manicure.

Next was China Glaze Sparrow Neon.

My next manicure was A-England Perceval. I'm obsessed with reds, particularly dark beautiful reds. Perceval may just be my new favorite red. It's bright yet darkened. It's shiny, but not glittery. It's smooth and shimmery in the sun. Love. Love. Love.


These two pictures are taken in direct natural sunlight.


This picture is taken at dusk.

Next is Color Club's Worth the Risque. This is the first true linear holographic polish I own, and I absolutely love it! Prior to this I purchased OPI DS Coronation, which is a scattered holo. I don't think there's anything as impressive as a linear holographic polish. In the shade it's a light grey, that is very pretty.

Outside in the sunshine! Rainbows on a shiny silver background.


Indoors with flash



Indoors without flash. (Never was the chip on my pinky nail near the cuticle more obvious.. This is why I tend to avoid silver polishes, they are gorgeous, but completely unforgiving.)


Close-up of the holo on my thumbnail. I have to be careful when I'm wearing a polish like this and driving my car. It's easy to get distracted by the colors.





My NOTD is OPI Mauving to Manitoba with Milani Disco Lights over the top. Here is Mauving to Manitoba before I added the sparkle. :)



This is one of my go-to colors. I love the reds/pinks, and Mauving to Manitoba is a great polish that can be professional in the workplace.

No comments