Essie Poppy-Razzi Collection Swatches and Review

Today I have a whole collection to share with you! Yes I know I said I wasn't buying any new polishes this month... but I really couldn't help it!


This is Essie's Summer 2012 collection of neons called Poppy-Razzi. The four shades are Lights, Camera, Action, and Bazooka. This collection seems to stick to the fashion colors this summer with coral-pinks and oranges.



Direct Sunlight


Indoor lighting


Lights is a bright fuchsia pink. It reminds me of a neon version of "barbie pink" because it has that slight blue hue. The closest pink I own is China Glaze Pool Party, but Pool Party is a much brighter highlighter pink and leans more towards orange than Lights (and has a streaky formula). I almost didn't buy this color and it might be my favorite!





Camera is a neon pink coral - sort of an orangish-pink color. This one is the most neon of the bunch and the picture doesn't do it justice. On the nail it just glows, and I'm sure it would look awesome over white.



Direct Sunlight


Indirect Sunlight


Action is a bright tangerine orange, much warmer and more peachy than the pictures show. It dries significantly darker than bottle color, which kind of disapponts me. I was looking forward to this one the most, as a pale yet neon pigment-packed orange, it was unique. The bright orange is still very pretty but not as unique as the bottle color, and doesn't work with my skin-tone very well but it's a fabulous orange I will be wearing again.





Bazooka is neon orange. It is easily a 2-coater and the most opaque of the bunch. I don't really have much to say about this one, it is a nice medium orange with a lot of pigment. Very bright and quite pretty.



Overall I am really impressed with these polishes. Although the colors aren't terribly unique I think they will be quite popular. The formula was quite fantastic for neon polish. I used 3 coats of each, but I easily could have gotten away with just two coats for most of them if I was more careful with application. The polish wasn't streaky and was self-leveling, even with my horribly impatient application.

All of them dried to a semi-gloss finish rather than matte as neons typically are. They all had more of a jelly finish than a neon finish. I haven't seen the official Essie description as to whether they are supposed to be jelly-like. Either way I hope that this means better wear times than matte neon polish. They all looked incredibly gorgeous and shiny with a coat of Seche Vite. Action had the worst formula compared to the rest, but was still very easy to work with.

*Aren't my changing backgrounds obnoxious? I spent all day yesterday chasing the sun on a "mostly cloudy" day!*

3 comments

  1. I didn't see your changing backgrounds until you pointed it out, I was all transfixed by those pretty shades :D I agree, Action could pack a better punch but Bazooka is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get these!? I need to pick them up asap! I thought they weren't released until May 1st, thank you for beautiful swatches!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They aren't even listed on Essie's website yet because of the May release. I found these at the local Walgreens and snatched them right up. :)

      Delete